y does it get so much harder to put my son to sleep now that he's older

i need help to find an easier way to put my two year old to bed for his np n for the night.

luvamom

Asked by luvamom at 2:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Find the routine that works best for you and stick with it! For us, it's bath time around 7. Then he plays and watches TV until about 7:30 - 7:45 and it's cuddle/reading time until around 8. He usually goes to bed without a problem, but occasionally he's just not ready, so we let him stay up for another 30 minutes or so.
    That's what works for us, but every child is different. Experiment a little and see what he likes.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My daughter recently started throwing fits at bed time. I solved my problem (for now, I guess) by distracting her. She MUST have her favorite shoe in her hands in order to fall asleep. So, right before lights out, we go hunting for her shoe. After she has it she is happy to get into bed.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 3:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2009