Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your child ever had an allergic reaction to pineapple? If so, what were the symptoms?

My daughter broke out in hives on one arm and her cheeks after eating pineapple. I know it's a common allergy, my step-niece is allergic to it. I'm wondering what the reaction looks like.

Answer Question

Asked by ktslittlefaith at 2:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • My sister and I both were allergic to it growing up. It just made our tongues hurt and swell.

    I avoid it now, not sure about her.

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

  • reactions are different for everyone.

    Answer by Chandra034 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

  • I have actually broke out from eating pineapple, my mouth will get sores in it and around my mouth will break out and itch like crazy.

    Answer by katandtysmom at 3:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

  • my son likes to eat pineapple and he does not have an allergic reaction

    Answer by Caroline78 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.