Wal mart pregnancy tests.

Have you ever had a false positive with a wal-mart test?

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• many pregnancy tests that are bought at stores give false positives,so to be 100%,go to a GYN's office to take a real one.
    Taty84

Answer by Taty84 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• No matter what the test, false positives aren't very likely
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 4:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Nope, never. And with all 3 of my kids, I got walmart tests.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• "many pregnancy tests that are bought at stores give false positives,so to be 100%,go to a GYN's office to take a real one."

This is simply not true. You are much more likely to get a false negative than a false positive. And if you take two tests and both say positive, the likelihood of two false positives is astronomical - VERY VERY not likely!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 4:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• in case you dont believe it,its true. i work in an obgyn and many people have come in with pregnancy tests that say positive and when we run our tests and ulltrasound,it said negative. maybe it hasnt happened to you,but to many it has.
    Taty84

Answer by Taty84 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I really don't believe that it happens all that often. I've done my research on this and have spoken to my OB about it,and have been thorougly assured through both (research and my doctor) that false positives are highly unlikely especially multiple ones.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 4:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Even dollar store tests were correct in telling me I was pregnant.
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 5:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i did.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Nope. False positives are pretty rare anyhow. I don't think it really matters what kind of test you get. The store brands are made by national brand companies, but packaged with the store's name. Go to Patient First and get a blood test. They can give you the results in an hour or so.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2008