Milk?

How did you all transition your babes from formula to milk?

What age did you start trying? My babe is 10 months next week..
has recently discovered the joy of table food..
and still thinks a sippy cup is a rattle that makes a mess!! :)

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 3:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think somewhere between 11-12 mths I started mixing 1/3 milk with formula. And then upped it to like 1/2 and 1/2 then to 3/4. It will give them a while to get use to the taste. And it won't upset there tummies as much, unlike changing all at once. But you will want to put it in a sippy and not a bottle cause when they are use to the milk taste you want them rembering it in the sippy and not the bottle. So when you are giving bottle only give formula. Or that is what I did with my first. The second one I breastfeed and she just had to milk at once at table time.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• a week before her 1st b-day we went straight to milk.
    Anonymous

• with my first i put like an oz of milk each day until until her bottle was full of whole milk. then after that we switched completly to milk in a sippy at about 14 months.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 3:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I just transitioned her and she is 13 months old. When she was on her last can of formula we mixed the formula with the milk half and half for 6 bottles, and now she is on milk and using a sippy, not her bottle.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2009