holding a bottle?

My daughter recently decided she enjoys it when we hold the bottle for her.. now she wont hold it on her own in daycare. Is this really a problem?

She'll be 10 month Monday, and has been fully capable of holding her bottle since 3-4 months.. and still does if she knows we wont hold for her..

opinions? Am I a bad mom for "spoiling" her by holding it for her?

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 3:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter tried that and i just refused to hold it for her. i would try using a sippy cup and see if she might do better with that
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You are not a bad mom, and you are not spoiling her. She still needs lots of touch and that is her way of making sure that she physical/ emotional needs are being met.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 3:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• There is NOTHING wrong with her not holding her bottle. She will not be harmed if you continue to hold it for her. I'd personally have a major issue with a daycare that had a problem with holding an INFANT while feeding them.
    Anonymous