new to this site. a little scared 22 weeks and still have not felt anything

why haven't I felt baby move yet at 22 weeks

rdo0423

Asked by rdo0423 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That always depends on your shape. if you are slim or if you got some more on your bones. some women feel the baby earlier some later. i started to actually feel my daughter for the first time when i was like 24weeks pregnant. im a big woman, so that was normals.

just call your OB when you are worried
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It's normal. A friend of mine didn't feel her baby move until well into her seventh month. But if you really are that worried about it go to the OB. They should at least be able to let you hear the heartbeat and you should be having an ultrasound before too long to tell you the gender. It probably isn't a big deal, you aren't supposed to feel them moving a lot until about 30 weeks anyway.
    lisalmeyer86

Answer by lisalmeyer86 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I didn't feel my son until 5 months. Especially a first time pregnancy, you may not realize that the bubbles in your tummy are actually the baby. I agree, rather than worry, go to your doctor and ask.

Answer by Bmat at 4:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Don t'worry, it gets stronger and stronger. I could feel mine at around 17 wks, but it was very faint and my Doc. was sure I was just feeling gas bubbles. I am on the slender side, so he told me I"d probably feel the baby earlier than most. AT 22 mine was moving only sometimes.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I think I was about 25-26 weeks or so before I felt her moving around in there. Also the baby might be moving and you might just think you have gas. I wouldn't worry and if you are call your dr to reassure you!
    Jenpdxs

Answer by Jenpdxs at 5:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Your baby is still little... If you are really still you might feel some flutters, but it isn't uncommon to not feel anything until 24 weeks or so.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• By now, you should have had an ultrasound and gotten some reassurance that things are going along correctly. You may have felt some things and not known it was the baby. We feel things faster when we know what to look for! If your appointments are reflecting a healthy heartbeat, your flutters are on their way. Be in contact with your doctor, but you are probably fine.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 6:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2009