IS IT TOO EARLY TO CHANGE TO WHOLE MILK?

MY DD IS 10 MONTHS SHE WILL B 1 ON FEB 27 AND MY HUBBY WANTS TO CHANGE TO WHOLE MILK ALREADY. WE DIDNT CHANGE MY OTHER DD MILK UNTIL SHE WAS 1.

secondbaby1686

Asked by secondbaby1686 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you do, do it very slowly, not all at once. But I would try to hold out at least one more month. Your dh would prob go for that. I would say to alot of it depends on how she eats. If she eats really well she might be okay, but if not I wouldn't change her yet cause she won't get all of the nutrients she should with just milk.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• THATS THE PROBLEM TOO HE DONT KNOW WHAT IT WILL DO ALL HE TRYING TO DO IS SAVE MONEY BUT SHE STILL NEEDS THE FORMULA
    secondbaby1686

Answer by secondbaby1686 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Hmm....saving money versus baby's health...?...I wonder which is more important? Tell hubby he can fork over the money for formula for another month or 2. Your baby deserves it. You can also check out some of the trading groups on here...they trade formula for lots of things....here's a good one:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/93906
    Charmedmommy82

Answer by Charmedmommy82 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• you are not suppose to feed whole milk before the age of 1.

their little stomach can not handle it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Tell him to go to kiss your butt and keep that baby on formula till she is a year!!
    LizMomTo4Girls

Answer by LizMomTo4Girls at 3:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• my daughter was 7 months and ran out of formula and wic told me that i could give her whole milk so go ahead if u have to
    tabatha424

Answer by tabatha424 at 3:44 AM on Jan. 8, 2009