How do I break my daughter from nursing just for comfort?

My 7 month old is extremely attached to me and I admitt that it is my fault. I am ready to fix it but I just don't know how. I am a stay at home mom so I nurse her, she sleeps with me, she does everything with me. I want to break her from that as far as her sleeping with me and not taking naps by herself. I need advice on how I can change this. I have tried just letting her cry and then 10 min. later calm her down and then let her cry for ten minutes and so on but she won't budge. What do I do? I need to get sleep because I have 2 toddlers and I babysitt another baby during the day.

Runjoy85

Asked by Runjoy85 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You don't.. Breastfeeding gives your child more than just nutrition. Breastfeeding provides her with the much needed skin-to-skin contact, sucking releases hormones which make her tired and comforted. You are doing NOTHING wrong by nursing your child on demand, you are meeting her needs! Way to go for meeting your child's physical/emotional needs. It is normal, it if fine, there is nothing wrong. Keep up the good work mama!
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 3:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I agree with hillmom :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• To make sure that you can meet your daughters needs and the needs of the other children in your care buying or making a sling would be helpful. My daughter was able to nurse in the sling while I was able to tend to other things, too. This way to can let your daughter comfort nurse but still be able to tend to the other children. I have an "over the shoulder baby holder", but there many different brands, just get one that is adjustable.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 4:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2009