Table Foods Suggestions- for home and daycare

My little Z is enjoying the discovery of hand to mouth eating!

Any suggestions as to foods we can easily buy and cook for her at home and to take to daycare would be awesome!!

She 10 months and has 2 teeth :)

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 3:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Diced pears, peaches, cooked carrots, corn kernels, pineapple chunks, teething biscuits, crackers, peas, cooked diced apples, stews (the graduates are really good by Gerber). Gerber makes an awesome line of foods designed for children about where she is. My daughter eats most of them. We are starting her on the graduate meals tonight because she is doing so well. She is 11 months, has 3 teeth in, but is getting 7 more as we speak.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Bananas, avocado, hard boiled eggs, peas, cooked carrots, sweet potato, butternut squash, baked apples/pears, peaches (I coated w/ finley crushed puffs or cheerios along w/ her bananas so it was easier for her to pick up)

morgakasssmommy

Answer by morgakasssmommy at 3:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Soft fruits- peaches, avocado, banana, cooked apples, pears,
    Cooked veges- carrots, peas, green beans, broccoli, sweet potatoe
    Noodles- like macaroni or the tiny shells
    Scambled egg yokes
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My DD loves sandwiches cut into bite size pieces. I make grilled cheese with a very thin slice of turkey or ham lunch meat. Or a sandwich with one of the puree fruits spread on it (it's like jelly but with much less sugar).

She also loves crackers and little cubes of cheese.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2009