3rd Foods- A rip off- or worth it?

I kinda feel the cost compared to what you get is kind of a rip off. Is this jarred food really any better than stuff I can cook or heat up myself?

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 3:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NO!.. home made food is ALWAYS better. cook your little one veggies, fruits, taters and meat.

dont take any greasy stuff, dont use spices (no salt, no pepper)... if your child cant chew it yet, throw it in the blender ;)

thats what we did. because jar food gets really expensive after a while. and our daughter likes the home made healthy food more than the jar food
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Homemade is always better. The main attraction for any jarred or packed food is for convienence. A lot of the stage 3 foods are purees. The only difference is the size of the jar. I buy certain ones because it's the perfect size to make one big bowl of fruit and cereal for my twins. I don't have time to cook and puree foods. And my DH doesn't know how to cook and feeds them dinner since I'm at work. So we use jarred/packaged foods for dinner.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2009