When you made the transition..

from crib to toddler bed, did you introduce the bed at nap time or bed time?

SandraB383

Asked by SandraB383 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nap time.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Nap time for us too, but we moved from "family bed" to a twin bed with extra tall & wide guard rails. Our first born never would sleep in a crib; rather, I should say, I didn't know of an effective way to get her to stay there.... Good luck with the transition.
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 3:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Both but I'm aiming for naptime first.
    I have both set up in my daughter's room and she can choose which to sleep in. My rule is that if she won't stay in her bed then she goes back in her crib. But so far, she hasn't opted to sleep in her bed at all. I think she still likes the enclosed feeling of the crib.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• my man got out of a crib when he started trying to climb out. like a little over one. just get one with the side rails on it.
    i bought him a diego bed from walmart. if you buy him something cool he should have no problem. my lil man couldn't wait to sleep in it.
    Kristina.C

Answer by Kristina.C at 4:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Well, her crib transitions into a toddler bed, so that is what I am going to do, no new bed. She also has a day bed, but I don't think she is big enough for that yet. --OP
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My kids hated their cribs so much so that they slept on the floor to eliminate the figthing, so as soon as they were able to walk we put them in toddler beds. We bought them during nap time and introduced them at bed time. They both did great in them and have slept better ever since.
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Naptime...more light so they could see they were still in their room and safe.

And when the bed went up, the crib went down. Out of sight, out of mind...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2009