• In the Spotlight:

Have you seen the 2008 baby name list yet?

Back in 2004 we named our son AIDAN. Not b/c of some TV show character. It has been the #1 name (different spellings) now running for 4 years! UGH!! This worries and annoys me that when he starts K this fall that there will be other "Aidan's" (or however they spell it) in his class.
My question: How many of you guys named your son Aidan?

just1moment

Asked by just1moment at 3:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i didn't name my son Aidan but i know a 4 year old who's name is Aidan
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I actually dont know any Aidens.... I named my son Jayden, and I have a friend who has a son named Payton....
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 3:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My DH has a cousin named Aidan. He is 13 years old.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 3:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My sons name is Aidan. He is 2.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I was going to name my first son Aidan. I've loved that name since I was about 12 years old (I'm now 20).

But then when the name became SO popular, I changed my mind. It sounds a little redundant, but my first son will be Jacob. I know the name Jacob is very very popular just like Aidan, but for some reason I haven't seen fifty billion Jacobs like I have with the name Aidan.

I still love the name, I always will...but I won't be naming my first son that : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I've always liked that name. I can imagine that it's frustrating, but it's also kinda neat when kids know other kids with their names.

I have a son named Wesley and I still have never come across another child with that name. I have another son named Austin and we see those all the time. My daughter's name is Reagan and that's really growing in popularity. It just happens. Be happy you're a trend setter ;)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I didn't name my son that but in my friends daughters Kindergarten class there are 6 Aidan's.lolThe school released in a newsletter the most common name for the year and it was Aidan.  There are 800 kids in the school about 46 kids have that name girls and boys.  I bet you will encounter more than one Aidan during your child's time in school.lol

Anonymous

• I was in a class where there were 5 Jaime's, I was one of them, not so much fun. But on the good side, you get to come up with nicknames (wait, maybe that isn't a good thing...)
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• If we were to have a fourth son, his name will be Aeden.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I watch a two year old sometimes whose name is Aiden
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009