Am I wrong?

I chat with men online and some are married and others are single. Some live close to me others live far away. Do you think its okay for a married woman to speak to other men online? My DH knows that I talk to guys but he doesnt ask about our conversations. My sisters say that its inappropriate to chat with other guys. They say that I am having an emotional affair? Am I and just dont know it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Before I answer more...why do you feel the need to chat with them? Is there something lacking in your marriage?
    Anonymous

• just ask how you would feel if your husb was doing that? Wouldn't you wonder?
    Anonymous

• Well, the way I guage it is this... would you feel comfortable letting your husband read your conversations? If not, then you probably shouldn't be talking to these guys. I sometimes talk to an exboyfriend of mine online, my husband knows about it, and he can read anything we say and I wouldn't be upset at all. It's just completely friendship and nothing else. I don't go and seek other men to talk to though.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I agree with the above question and would like to add...if your dh chatted with other females, would you be offended?
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I am a SAHM and sometimes I get lonely. I just like the company I guess. I would say that we dont have the best marriage.
    No I probably wouldnt care if my DH had conversations with other women. He talks to women at work so I dont see it as any different than chatting online.
    Anonymous

• Oops, I am the OP that just posted at 1:48.
    Anonymous

• agian... if you fell guilty about it, its probally not a good idea.
    Kristina.C

Answer by Kristina.C at 3:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I talk with a married man. My husband knows and doesn't have a problem with it. I often discuss with him what I have talked about with my friend. My friend is married and lives on the other side of the world. We will likely never meet. There is nothing romantic in our relationship. We are two people from different countries who discuss religion, cultural differences, history, politics, family concerns, food, language, books, music, art, movies, health, and any other concerns. It is a valuable connection for me- the insight into a different culture and into another person's thoughts and beliefs.

Answer by Bmat at 3:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't like it at all!! I would feel uncomfortable with it! If your dh has a prob with it you shouldn't be doing it. That is just my opinion though.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Honestly, I would say it would REALLY depend on your motivation. If you are just chatting to chat, no big deal. If in your heart you know it's strictly just for company, then I don't see an issue. If you are doing this because you are reaching out for stimulation or to fill a void that lacks in your marriage, that is something that needs to be examined. If your marriage isn't the best, why don't you talk to your DH and try working on things that are bothering you? I have a lot of male friends and my DH knows about them all. My DH and I have also known each other 15 years and we have complete trust. I have nothing to hide and am very open. I know my motivations for talking to my "homies" and so does my DH. I also have a lot of female friends that I seek company from. Again, it really depends on your motive.
    TheEmpress78

Answer by TheEmpress78 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009