Do/did you keep the same diet

when you nursed as when you were pregnant? Like no caffiene alcohol etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are okay to drive, you are okay to nurse, that is the rule of thumb. Wheather I am pregnant, nursing or not. (and I have been pregnant, nursing, or BOTH for two years) I eat when I am hungry and stop when I'm full. I think if more people listened to their bodies then there would be much more healthy people in the world.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I didn't drink caffeine while pregnant but do enjoy a coffee every once in a while now. You can have alcohol (but may reduce your milk supply). You can pump before you have a drink for if he/she is hungry, but give your self around 3 hrs after having a drink before you latch baby back on. I waited until my daughter was 8 months old before I had a glass of wine (for several reasons, she wouldn't take a bottle and I worried to much).

There are some foods that some moms HAVE to avoid, but other mom's (like me) were able to eat what ever we wanted and didn't have a problem. It all depends on the baby
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 3:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I think I eat more now than being pregnant. I drank pop and coffee through out my pregnancy so that did not change. I am not a big drinker but I have had a drink with friends, never more than one a night. I never drank while pregnant.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2009