Is there anyway to get a DNA test done right when the baby is born? or my time at the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• forgot to add* while I am there
    Anonymous

• I would think they would take a swab test, on the side of your cheek, and the babys.
    BigSurprise2

Answer by BigSurprise2 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You may have to pay for it out of pocket if you have it done right then and there but I think you should be able to. Contact the hospital where you plan on giving birth and ask if they offer the service. Most Social Service departments will help with paternity testing when you seek child support as well but that may take a little while unless you start the process now.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• The hospital probably won't do it. DNA testing is usually sent out to a special lab. They have certified techs at different places to take samples, I never heard of it done at a hospital
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• There are even ways to do it before the baby is born if you really need to know sooner rather then later. But I am not to sure of the risks to do it. Have you done a google about dna testing? or hell, even call one of those crazy tv shows and see if they know if its possible. I'm sure you should be able to get it done though. good luck.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 4:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You can get them done while you are still pregnant if you so chose!
    the1youluv2hate

Answer by the1youluv2hate at 4:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2009