what would you do?

I am at my wits end with my husband. He expects me to take it all, including careing for his daughetr almost 24 hrs outta the day. Yesterday we went swimming. We doesnt include me so I thought he would stay..no! He cant even say bye I am going..so his girl asks "Wheres dady" atleast 5 times aday. So this morning i tried to force a bit of parenting. I left while they were alsleep. I come back and he says what? I left for my drs and thought ya were asleep (But ya couldnt wake me? BS) so (cant believe he confessed) left her Alone for about 2 hours!! All is ok but i dought she had any breakfast (another job i usually do) ...then almost immediatly he left for a dumb reason and i had to deal with the cable guy He called. should i keep trying "tricks" like this, just maybe take my/our dd with us and hope that it clicks in his head someday? i have never lived on my own and no way am near being able to..so just give advice what ya would come up with in this situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in General Parenting

• First a foremost your hands are pretty full taking care of your children you do not need anymore. He is a grown man if he does not want to act like one "let it go". You say you are not even a little bit ready to live on your own but you know what? you gotta do whatcha gotta do. Its either be miserable the rest of your life and keep putting up with the nonsense or you step-up and put your foot down. If there is a will theres a way. Hopefully you have family that can back you up. You are his wife not his maid, girlfriend, or friend. You deserve the same respect as his mother if not more. Therefore, if he is unable to give you that you make the call.
    2ninos

Answer by 2ninos at 4:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• absolutley do not leave your child in his care. simply tell him he is not allowed to watch her anymore. she could have died. he is a horrible father, heap it on girl. cause if yours is anythign like mine, as soon as i insult hte way he does something he has to prove he's better at it than me, and he gets awesome at it.
    or you could sit him down and tell him that he needs to give you a break at least once a week or he needs to pay for someone to come to the house and watch her so you can have some non diaper time. let him choose and stick with it. becasue you need some time on your own. the sad thing is that he doesn't want to spend time wiht his child.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I agree with PP... PLEASE do not leave her with him again! Anything can happen. I see it on the news all the time. There was a family on the news a while ago that lost 5 out of 7 children while they were... get this.... at the BAR! The oldest child left at the home was 8. Its tragic, but it happens. It seems like you have to be the responsible one, and if that means taking her with you everywhere, well, at least she will be safe! Maybe you could call on a family member or trusted neighbor to babysit sometimes so you can get some time to yourself!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2008