Is it okay to buy a casket online to save money?

A friend of a friend is going through a tough time. A close family member is about to pass and the cost of the funeral is now a real topic of conversation. After some quick research, I discovered The Casket Place (www.thecasketplace.com) ... I actually spoke with someone who used them in a similar situation. Nonetheless, is it seems a bit odd but can apparently save lots of money. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Health

• Why not? If it helps ease the financial burden you face when a loved one passes away, what would be wrong with it?
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• People do whatever they need to do. Why would it be wrong? I would wonder about shipping costs though.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I know Costco has beautiful caskets as well, and they are supposed to be less expensive. As far as the issue with buying it online, I dont think there is anything that is wrong with that. Funerals have become so expensive, and if you can find something just as nice for a less price why not buy it.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 5:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Have the friend call the funeral home, and ask about packaged deals. 2 yrs ago I buried mu husband for less than $5,000
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Ask around for a decent funeral home, most will work with you on prices and even payment plans. My prayers for your friend and their family.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 12:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2009