Eating schedule

What is/was the eating schedule for your 4 month old. How much formula and how often?

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 4:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm BFing, but my 4mo dd eats abut every 3-4 hours.. when I'm at work and she gets pumped milk she takes about 6.5oz per feeding.. we don't really have a schedule, though- just whenever she's hungry!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 4:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• my little man has been eating 5 oz's every 2 hr's since 2 months..he's now 7 months and he still only want's 5 oz's every 2 hr's...he's gaining what he should be, and he always has been the right size considering he was 10 lbs at birth. Every babe is diff...my doc told me there's NO set amount that's the right amount as long as baby is growing right, gaining right etc...
    Anonymous

• My son just turned 5 months but he's been eating about 5 oz. every 2-3 hours for over a month. I keep trying to increase it to 6oz to see if it keeps him full longer but he always spits it back up.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I breastfeed, but when I'm working my baby takes a bottle.
    At 4 months he was taking 4 oz every 2-3 hours... for what I am guessing a total of around 30 oz/day
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• when my son was 4 months old, he was given his first bottle in the morning, then a nap, then when he woke up, a bit of rice cereal and then bottles or boob the rest of the day... usually he was drinking 28 ounces... they say in a 24 hour period, so many moms think that means they need to wake up and eat.. but i say... in the 12 hours your baby is awake... so every 3 hours, my son was eating.. around 8 ounces of milk at a time..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 5:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2009