i started a new birth control call the ring just wanted to know if anyone has used it and how's it't working for them and do u have ant side effects?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I used Nuva ring for a few years and it was the only bc that I found effective. I loved it. Never had a period. Never had any side effects. It was AWESOME!! I had a hysterectomy 3.5 yrs ago, so no longer use it, but I recommend it to ALL my friends!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I used it after my oldest was born. I had no problems with it, but DH didn't like it. He said he could feel it when we were being intimate.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I have used it for three years, and pretty much love it. It is almost too convient though, sometimes I will panic and say, "what day is it, was I supposed to take it out?" I keep the stickers on a calendar and everything so that helps. My husband doesn't ever complain about feeling it while having sex and he is "big" sorry TMI. You can always take it out though, I think for up to three hours.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 5:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I was on it from February 2008- September 2008...and stopped to TTC...got pg in Nov but had a miscarriage (I dont think the ring had anything to do with it)...but we have decided that we are done having kids so I went and got one today...I put it in on Sunday...there is a desktop reminder thing if you go on www.nuvaring.com
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 5:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I used it for 3 months. It didn't work for me. But, the same thing happened with the IUD. I got so swollen in there, that it kept pushing the ring out. Went through it for 3 months, I was too tender to actually be intimate, and well, ended up giving up. I was told, originally, that it could take up to 6 weeks to get better, OK, no problem. 6 Weeks passed and the doctor said to give it another 6 weeks to see if my body would adjust. But it didn't, so I stopped using it. The exact same thing happened with the IUD, so I think my body just doesn't like things shoved into it for extended periods of time.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 6:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I used the ring for a few months and while it didn't bother dh and I during intimate moments, it did give me major migraines and so I quit in fear of blood clots. I'm pretty sure I'm the minority here with that side effect though. I hope it works for you, it is a great device.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I loved it, my DH liked it and I really loved not having to deal with it every day (I sound like the commercial! :D) The only issue I had was my face breaking out. Otherwise, I loved it! It even had the timer to remind me to change it!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:00 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I was on it for a few months but i was always worried it would fall out even though it prolly wont im just a worry wart when it comes to bc!!! but other then that i loved it
    bkt84

Answer by bkt84 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2009