With my second pregnancy I have been having spotting, and lots of back pain, is that normal? Doc says the bleeding is but it happens alot when I am stressed or if i walk to much.... HELP PLEASE!!!!

bonitamami02

Asked by bonitamami02 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? I don't think it's normal that you bleed A LOT or often but spotting is sometimes normal epecially in early pregnancy. If you are farther along then I'd go to L&D b/c I don't think doctors really pay attention sometimes. Good luck
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Ask to be seen again by your doctor- if they wont take you go to the er if not just for piece of mind.
    KatieFlower

Answer by KatieFlower at 5:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• well i guess it can be normal, i bled my whole first trimester, when i was pregnant with my twins, it was subchornic bleeding, i had to be put on bedrest because the more i would do the worse it would get, if i was you and your around 14 weeks or more, i would have the doctor check your cervix, i also had incompetent cervix, which is caused by the bleeding, i was put on complete bedrest for 5months, it was horrible, but my babies were born fine, but i would have your cervix checked.
    BigSurprise2

Answer by BigSurprise2 at 5:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You might have a sensitive cervix, which would spot if your activity is higher than normal or if the baby is dropping a little and putting more pressure on your cervix. I bled a lot with my first and on and off with this one. I have a sensitive cervix.
    Anonymous

• I didn't have any spotting with the first child, but did with all three of the rest. Just rest, and try not to think about it. If walking is bringing it on, your body is asking you to slow down. IF there is excessive bleeding, or bleeding along with cramping call the dr or go to the ER immediately.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 6:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2009