c section

i went to the doctors today, im 36 wks prego. my doctor said that on the 24th which ill be 38 and 1/2 weeks that they are going to induce me.. the baby is really big and they are nervous the babies shoulders wont fit through without complications. she said if the baby is over 14000 grams then im going to have to have a c section.. should i be worried?!

dared2lovexx

Asked by dared2lovexx at 4:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How big is 14000 grams? I did not want a c-section. I must say one of the worst experiences ever. I did not like having to be drugged, I think some of the babies complications came from being a c-section delivery. It is better to know before hand and to come to terms with it. I evenually did, but the first time they tried to cut me, I was hysterical- thankfully they just stopped the labor that day
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• dont be worried i had a c section but no one told me until the last minute. so i freaked out but there is nothing to be scard about..... it does hurt after words..but it hurts after having a baby anyways. it will be ok.... you dont want to try to have the baby and put your baby and yourself in harm it will be ok do what the doctors say they went to school for this stuff.
    good luck
    congrats
    Baby_B

Answer by Baby_B at 4:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• no, just be happy they noticed forst, i had an emergency c-section, i pushed for 2 hours, my daughter was8 1/2 lbs, the actually had to cut me open twive cuz they didn't know how big she was before birth, it isn't to bad :)
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• No, your doctor is just preparing you in case the baby ends up being delivered by c-section. With my 1st I was told "he is a good size, you have a small pelvis, it could go either way". Well after going into labor and pushing for hours they did take my son by C-section because of his size. I knew ahead of time that it could end up that way and it was not a big upsetting surprise. My next 2 children were then planned c-sections. Good luck!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't be worried. When I was prego with Elizabeth they thought she was pretty big so they scheduled the csection. Well my water broke 2 days before it was scheduled. I got a little freaked out but once it was done, I would do it all over again. I was really only hurting for a couple days while I was in the hospital and within about 5 days felt almost back to normal. Don't freak out over it, it will be just fine. better than having to labor for hours. Good luck and congrats
    Jenpdxs

Answer by Jenpdxs at 5:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• No! I loved having C-sections. No problems, I would do it all again.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I am sorry to say... but I think that you will end up with a c-section whether you want it or not. Larger babies are not a reason to have a section. If the shoulders are getting stuck then you can move around and the shoulders will shift and your body will open enough to let them through.
    Anonymous

• If it is in your best interest then the Dr will do it. I ended up having a C-Section with my first, it was unplanned and I got very scared. He was 10# 3 OZ, and after 27 hours of labor and no progress they decided that they had to do it. After I got over the shock, it was fine.
    I would suggest making doing a little research online about Cesarians, that way you can fully prepare yourself for what may lay ahead, but also realize that every side effect in the articles may not pertain to you.
    Everything will be fine, and very soon you will have your beautiful new baby to love, and that is all that matters in the end.
    Best of luck to you and Congratulations!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• im all for c sections. i had an emergency on with my 1st baby and chose to have one with the 2nd. i was up and walking around the same day. i really feel like recovery is in the way you think. just stay strong and you will be fine.

marissad

Answer by marissad at 8:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I choose a c section for my second and third son cause they were LARGE babies....and YES it was for thier SAFETY. There are risks involved in pushing out a large baby and YES you can cause perment damage to them. Thier shoulders can get stuck and y ou can break thier shoulders. You have a main vein running through your neck/shoulders which can cause your child to be paralyzed....this became in easy deicision after getting the risks. My middle son was 11 lbs 6 ozs and my third was 10 lbs 12 ozs.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 8:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2009