How do you pay for school as a single mother trying to do it all on her own!?

I am a single mom and I am almost done with school and I dont know what I am going to do when those bills start rolling in since I have a huge amount of debt. I am afraid to have it all come due!

alytaber

Asked by alytaber at 4:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Money & Work

• You will have a better paying job won't you? Student loans are pretty small monthly payments with low interest rates. If yours isn't, try refinancing through your bank. Good luck.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I started working from home. I dont have kids in school yet but the company I am with has given me the assurance that I should have all my debt paid off in less that 1 year!!!!!!!!
    Katie2233

Answer by Katie2233 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I was in the same situation as you. I had a 2 year old when I finished school and lot of loans. My loans had a 6th month grace period where I didn't have to start paying on them until 6 months after I graduated. Yours might have this to. You should check into it.
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 9:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I've been working at home for over a year and I've been able to find some successful jobs working at home as an independent contractor, I got some information through this site and I've gotten a lot of help try visiting the site and give them a try, they may be able to help you out if your trying to build your own business, I know they've help me. :)
    http://www.wahmjobfinder.com/livelonger
    WAHMLivingHappy

Answer by WAHMLivingHappy at 11:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2009