• In the Spotlight:

Would you go without him?

My sister may get married in Las Vegas and my husband refuses to go. If I can't convince him to go with me, I am going alone as I am not missing my only sister's wedding. What would you do in this situation?

Amberfire82

Asked by Amberfire82 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I would go. For crying out loud your sister is getting married. He should join you, but if not oh well. Have fun in Vegas baby!

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• go without him.... what happens in vegas stays in vegas
    Anonymous

• I think it is reasonable for you to go on your own. If it would cause a great deal of conflict with your husband then it is a problem, but if he simply doesn't want to go then it should be fine. Present the idea to him in a non-accusing manner, just a smile and that it's OK if he doesn't want to go but it is your only sister and you really really want to go and are fine with going on your own. I hope it all works out for you.

Answer by Bmat at 4:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Anon took the words right outta my mouth. I bet you tell him that and he'll get his a** on a plane, lol:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 4:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I would go too!
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I think it would depend on why he didnt want to go. My sister has continually disrespected my husband through out our marriage because she's jealous of what we have. I wouldnt expect my husband to want to go to her wedding even if it was down the street. Unless it would be a huge source of contention between my husband and I, I would go alone.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't miss my sister's wedding!!!! Why would he REFUSE to go?
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 4:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I would go without him, I'd also leave the kids at home.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• its your sisters wedding, go! Why would you not go?
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 5:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Go, that is your sister,not a stranger.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2009