Thought my water broke..

At 10 or so this am I thought my water broke. I didn't get contractions, just constant wet feeling after. Gushed twice. So I went in, they couldn't detect anything, but then goes on to say that sometimes it can break and they can not prove it or disprove it. They said could be the time I waited. And to go home and see if contractions start..strange?

Unbroken_Amanda

Asked by Unbroken_Amanda at 4:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I started that way with my first. I went to work and thought I was leaking but it wasn't much called my doctor and he told me to go to the hospital. They really couldn't tell if my water broke either but they put me on meds and I had my daughter that night 12hrs later.
    mombrinda3

Answer by mombrinda3 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• That seems odd to me. I thought if your water broke and after 24 hrs of nothing there is a risk for infection. How can they not tell you if it did or not. I would call your OB.

Anonymous

• Ya!!! That's what happened when my water broke and I had her 12 hours later. They kept me and made me have contractions. I would definitly call your doctor. That's really weird.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 4:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Hmmm you would know when your water breaks. The water gushes like water a fountain. My water broke and I did not have contractions. They have to give me medince to make contractions. I was in the hospital for like almost 24 hours before I had any contractions. Good luck!
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• When your water breaks it does NOT gush for everyone. Some people really don't know when it breaks.
    Anonymous

• Did you smell it when you thought it broke?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• OK...It gushed twice. My water has never broken on it's own. I have not had any contractions, and I am only 36 weeks and about 2 days. I sat down the fist time feeling like I really had to pee, but I didn't hardly sit and it gushed for 20 seconds. Then testing five min later I sat down again and smelled the second smaller, shorter gush. It smelled sweet and had no color, but it was not slimy. I have since hardly had any but trickles..that was 8 hours ago. So is it that I am early? I am not contracting, and the stick they used was yellow not blue. He said it's not always detecable, and that sometimes they don't always catch it. This is my OB telling me this...I know it is weird..which is why I posted.
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 8:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2009