Keep or toss? Child's toys or games out with missing parts

Toss or look until you find the parts?

Tetona

Asked by Tetona at 5:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I personally like to keep extra game parts to missing games. I like to make up my own games or sometimes they come in handy. They can be used for so many extra creative things. Like a candy land man game piece can be used to decorate a cupcake. Or extra dice can be used with other games. I store them in a dollar store container with lid - and when I need them I take them out. I worked with children and I can say it came in handy for various different activities. My favorite was having the kids make up their own games. And when that friends says she wished she hadn't misplaced half of all her ants to ants in the pants you can come to the rescue. Science projects, school projects....the list of uses is endless.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 5:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Im one of those people that do a random cleaning and if things are broken and missing to the point it wont function or cant be played properly I trash it. It will just sit there longer.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 5:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• The less I have to store, the better. I have too much crap in storage now....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Toss....
    photojournalist

Answer by photojournalist at 5:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i'll give it a week or 2 to show up if its a game or puzzle, if not i toss it. but if the game peices will work in another game i will save those.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I toss most things but I'm also a crafty person, so if I think I can find future use out of something I'll keep it. I have a small box of puzzle pieces I'm going to alter soon and use on greeting cards :)

You can also make some cute picture frames with old game pieces or small toys.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• toss!!!
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 5:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• before, i would keep them around to see if i found the missing pieces, but UGH! its so frustrating having a bunch of little toys around..so i just throw it away now.

youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 8:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• TOSS
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Toss or recycle and donate. Let your child turn some of those broken toys and games into a new game or decorative piece, then you can take it to Goodwil as something completely different. Sometimes it's not possible though. In those cases, TOSS!
    majesticchild

Answer by majesticchild at 9:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2009