• In the Spotlight:

How do I best go about potty training my twins?? They are 2 yr. 8 mo. old (boy & girl) and I desperately want them out of pull-ups before Age 3 when they start pre-school. Today is "Day 2" of having them sit on the potty every 1/2 hour and it seems like they either go 5 min. after they get off or 5 min. BEFORE they are scheduled to go on - UGH!!!!!!!!

I don't know what else really to add - They are 2 yr. 8 mo. old and I want to desperately get them potty trained and out of pull-ups by their 3rd birthday. They communicate well in other areas, but seem oblivious to elimination... Anyone been down this road with twins at this age trying to do them both at the same time???

BusyMomma77

Asked by BusyMomma77 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a 3 year old and I wanted him to be potty trained before I sent him to head start but it didn't work but as soon as he started they got him potty trained and ever since then he has gone without trouble. So I would say that get them around other kids that are potty trained it is a lot easier.
    Anonymous

• I just went through that with my girl. I kept at it for a week if she wasn't getting it by then we would take break then come back to it in another week or 2. I always asked if she had to go too. I got rid of the potty seat as well, she just wanted to play with it. When she finally decided she was ready she pretty much just did it herself (Head Strong). They sound like they're almost there. Try to catch them in the act. then put them on the seat. Hang in there!
    Tonda42

Answer by Tonda42 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009