• In the Spotlight:

Would your views on prison and inmates change if you experienced it

personally instead of hearing about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Definately! But I don't have to go to prison to disagree with they way they are. My brother is in prison, and he is guilty, but that doesn't mean he deserves to be treated less then human!
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 5:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I saw my very innocent DH in prison garb, ankles and wrists in chains, and yes it did. I always wonder now.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• All I know is that the men that murdered my father are in prison and for that I am happy. I can feel safe.
    Anonymous

• when i was in high school i took a law class, & we spent the night in a minimum security prison (white collar crimes). it changed my opinions on a lot of things. before the trip i thought prisons were nice places, you got food, you got to work out, & educate yourself, doesnt sound that bad. other than the yummy food we had, it was a not a wonderful experience. after one night in lockdown i was convinced that prisons are not nice places haha. even tho i knew we would be leaving the next day i didnt like the idea that i was stuck there...no freedoms, no privacy, no space. none of the prisoners messed w/ us...so i can only imagine how bad it would be if i was a real prisoner.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I assume prison to be a horrible and nasty place. I can't see my view changing for much worse, but I am sure it is possible.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I'd be more upset if I found out they were nice places. I really have no problem with child molestors being raped by drug dealers.
    Anonymous

• Well i did "time" as a juvinille.... its not prison buts its no day camp either... i got enough taste of it for all of us....

people in my family have been in and out their whole lives... so i know about it

u feel bad for prisoners? THEY put themselves there....NO ONE ELSE!!

i am grateful i woke the hell up when i turned 18 and got my shit together so i wouldnt go to prison
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• most definately
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2009