What does your baby's name mean?

Just curious what your baby's name means or what it means to you. We named our son Ethan Alexander which means strong defender of mankind.

EthansMommy12

Asked by EthansMommy12 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Ashton~ Means Handsome! (I found that out a year after he was born and its true LOL!!)
    crystal_ashton

Answer by crystal_ashton at 4:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• DS name means "God Is Gracious"
    DD name means "House Of Figs"

DS name is Welsh and DD name is Aramaic
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My daughter's name is Stella, which means "star."

It is a very fitting name and we ran with the star theme. She was born at 26 weeks and was the star of the NICU. All the nurses loved her to pieces. My baby shower theme (which we had when she was two months old) was "A Star is Born."
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 5:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My sons name is Ethan Alexander too :)
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 5:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Grace Kaye Ann
    Grace-Good will
    Kaye-Pure
    Ann-Grace; favour
    Gracesmommy226

Answer by Gracesmommy226 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Bret Alan-Harrison:
    Bret is hubby's first name, Alan was my grandfather's name and Harrison was hubby's grandfather's name.
    bretsnag

Answer by bretsnag at 5:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i picked his name becuase its his dads name. her name i got from a book because of the character that had the name. she was smart, and full of wonder at life. her middle names i chose from my granny and aunt (she has thier middle names) becuase i wanted her to be strong and they are the strongest women on this planet. i firmly beleive that.
    i found out later, reading nora roberts, that her name was actually the name of a warrior goddess. so i guess her name is translated to female warrior goddess of strength. how's that for a strong name? its morrigan leigh jayne btw.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• If i have a boy im going to name him Gavin Jakob
    Gavin=White Hawk LOL.. i dont pick a name by the meaning so its kinda funny to find out what it means :) Jakob=Supplanter, Representative lol Last name is Curtis which means Courteous

If i have a Girl...i havent really picked a middle name yet for a girl but i lIke Brooke Samantha
    Brooke=Stream ha Samantha=heard by god... :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 8:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Her first name means Light.
    Her middle name means Wholesome.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Halle's name didn't have a meaning. They closely related it to Hailey which means hay field. But her name isn't Hailey so that's not what it means. As far as what it means to me, I just really liked it. I was playing around on cafemom one day and Halle Claire just suddenly came to me as the most perfect name and luckily hubby thought it was okay too. He was really pushing for Hailey though. I wanted something different.
    bretsnag

Answer by bretsnag at 1:34 AM on Jul. 17, 2008