• In the Spotlight:

Why isn't Maddoff in prison right now?

Considering the amount of money he stole, why wasn't his bail revoked? Is it fair he gets to be on house arrest? Is this proof that money is all powerful in the judicial system of the US?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• He isnt on house arrest. I thought he was out on bail. I know people are outraged but the wheels of justice move very slowly sometimes and all people are innocent until proven guilty.

Answer by gemgem at 5:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• He should not have had the opportunity to have bail.
    Anonymous

• Did you lose money because of him? Wow just wow at some people. I may not like the guy or agree with what hes accused of but alot of people here and other places online need a lesson in Due process and the Constitution.
    Anonymous

• Did I miss something? Has he been convicted?

Anonymous

• Anon 534 pm, I did not lose money because of this jerk, but, it is not fair to give the rich different treatment than the poor who comit crimes in this country. He should be in jail like OJ was awaiting trial. Why is Maddoff better than any other criminal?
    Anonymous