How do I get my daughter to stop humping? She's like a dog!!

I have no idea where she got this, but it is driving me crazy! I make her go to her room when she does it then she just does it in there! Anyone else ever have this problem? If so what did you do to get to stop??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I swore I would never admit to this. I did this when I was a child. My parents explained to me not to do it when other people were at our house or around other people and they would just tell me to go to my room. Believe it or not with all of my child development background, it is very normal. Try not to make a big deal about it. Sigmond Freud ( a well known Psychologist) talks about this stage of development in what is known as the Psychosexual Stages of development. You should check it out to help you understand.
    Anonymous

• Not that problem, but my 19 month old likes to stil her hand right under the dog's tail! It's so yucky. I swear it sounds like she says butt when she touches it but I"m not sure where she learned it from.
    Anonymous