Do you still have your holiday decorations up?

And what's the longest you ever left them up?
Mine were down on the 2nd this year. We have a toddler and a puppy. :P
One year I had my Christmas tree up until Feb!

drowninginboys

Asked by drowninginboys at 5:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I took all mine down on the 26th. It's depressing to look at the tree with no presents under it. I heard if you leave it up past the 1st, any bad luck you had in the old year will follow you into the new year. Sure it's something someone made up so they didn't have to look at a nekkid tree lol.
    ashandamymom

Answer by ashandamymom at 6:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• no. it annoys me to have them up after xmas. I took them down on xmas night once! This year though I was busy & i didnt do it till this past weekend.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Mine came down on the 2nd. But it was pretty funny because I took EVERYTHING down and then sat down. I was watching tv and realized I left all the decorations on my fireplace mantel. Talk about a space case to do that hahaha.

Answer by gemgem at 5:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• No. We took them down yesterday after opening the 3 Kings gifts.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 5:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• They came down this past weekend.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Um, yes. Perhaps I should answer Anon so no one will know! :D My DS is obsessed with the decor this year and is having trouble letting go. And I'm also a huge procrastinator! :D The longest we've left them up (icicle lights on the house) was until the next year! We never put them up after that! I hope to get things packed up this weekend!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My freaking Christmas tree is lit right now.

People must think I'm a nut. I don't have any decorations outside of our home. I'm still in the spirit of being jolly...I like the decorations I don't want to take them down yet, maybe one more week..ok for real maybe two.

HazyPerception

Answer by HazyPerception at 5:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• all our decorations are down...but not the tree. its such a pain to take apart by myself & DH doesnt wanna help haha. but it will come down Saturday if not sooner
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• everything was put away on Dec 26th
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Still up, the tree is lit and spinning as I type. The outside lights are still up also, but havent been lit since the 1st.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2009