When should I turn to something else for fever???

My son had his shot's today (6 months) and he's got a fever of 99 degrees well, it's reading 37.4 so I think that's 99 degrees feirenhiet. I'd like to know if it does go up..and I've alrd given him tylenol what I can do, to bring it down safely other then a tepid bath. I alrd know I can do that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He is going to run a low grade fever which is perfectly normal. If he isn't cranky,I wouldn't worry about it. Did the doctors give you instructions on what to give him? If not, call the pharmacy and tell them whats going on and see what they say. Call the doctor. A child can run a higher fever with shots so 99 isn't so bad and unless he is uncomfortable(crying like in pain, fidgety, etc) just keep him comfortable.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You can undress him or loosely dress him and keep blankets off him. That brings their temp down naturally.

Answer by gemgem at 5:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Motrin, call a Rx or doctor for the right dose for your baby. It goes my weight so you'll need to know how much he weighs, GL

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 5:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• So what about now though...while it's just low grade, what should he be dressed in..he's wearing a thin sleeper, nothing to heavy!
    Anonymous

• Many doctors define a fever as an oral temperature above 99.4°F or a rectal temperature above 100.4°F.
    Anonymous