Just overheard a co-worker say of someone's plan to take a 12-week maternity leave...

""That's a little excessive, don't you think?" Um, first of all we are entitled to that leave as full-time, Government employees. Second of all, 12 weeks is not much when we are talking about popping out a child! Of course, it was a man who said this. I wish he'd have said it to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah men are silly sometimes. Id like to see them pop a watermelon out of their penis and come back to work the next day. Hell if it was up to me we would be extinct or labor and delivery would be a lifelong thing to recover from.
    Anonymous

• yeah, little does that 'man' or asshole know that it takes about that long to get back into your normal routine! getting up 4 million times a night is very stressful!! obviously he doesnt have any kids and if he does, he wasnt the one who did anything at night time!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• oh man... I was going to take the 12 weeks I was "allowed" and here I am 2 years later, a happy SAHM. How do you go back to work? I couldn't do it!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Wow, what an ass. It's not only the physical aspects of childbirth, but the bonding time a mother needs with their new infant. Some people just do NOT get it.
    madelyns_momma

Answer by madelyns_momma at 5:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I took 11 weeks just because I could!
    the1youluv2hate

Answer by the1youluv2hate at 5:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• lol i thought at first you were saying it was excessive and i was going to ream you out :) so yes i definately agree. 12 weeks is not that long for the circumstance of having a new baby...
    babybump3166

Answer by babybump3166 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Well i wish i could have been that lucky.. i went back to work when my son was 8 days old... single mom dead beat dad.. i had no other choice
    Anonymous