Do you whiten your teeth and what method do you use?

I've been thinking about trying it. My teeth aren't that bad, but could use a little brightening.

Erin333

Asked by Erin333 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I use the trays and solution that I bought from my dentist. I asked him about the stuff you can get in the stores, and he said it is the same thing.

Answer by Bmat at 5:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My dentist whitens mine
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Arm & Hammer Advanced Whitening Toothpaste is great! its gaurenteed to whiten 7 shades in one tube and it works plus its only like $3.00!!!
    MattysMommy143

Answer by MattysMommy143 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I tried Crest Whitening strips and they were so grody I couldn't use them more than a few times - which totally sucks because they were expensive. I think if I was going to do it again I'd pay the money to get the gel and trays from the dentist because you only have to do it a few times and you get great results. My SIL has the whitest teeth ever doing it through her dentist!
    PurplePen

Answer by PurplePen at 9:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I've used Crest Whitestrips...I like the ones that take 15 minutes. I agree they are a little messy. I have a hard time with the bottom strip slipping around before the time is up. Don't brush your teeth until after using them; your teeth will be more sensitive otherwise. It's been a while since I've used them. I probably need to start again.
    mommachristy

Answer by mommachristy at 10:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i was about to ask this question... thanks ladies ;]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I had tried the crest thing, and the colgate thing, and all the toothpastes, gums, and mouthwash stuff....but finally i went to the dentist, spent two hundred dollars on teeth whitening. I had trays made by them, and I used the gel two times a day, and it got my teeth a nice white color. Not fake, like the TV anchors on tv or anything, but real nice. I didn't even use everything I had. I can also get booster kits, for later on down the road. But my teeth will never, they say, get as bad as they were before.
    Go to the dentist, in the long run, it is cheaper.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 11:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2009