What should I expect from small claims court

I have to take a cosmetology school to small claims court to get my deposit back. I have all my bank statements to prove I gave them money and that they never refunded it. I've never had to do this so I don't know what to expect.

LuvMybebe

Asked by LuvMybebe at 5:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Nothing! It will take a lot of time, some money, and even if you get what you want-payment is unlikely.......but with a bank, it is more likely (they actually have money-lol)

Good luck!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You will have to wait until your name is called. Make sure you have a copy of the contract or something that says it was a deposit that you both signed. Then you both will tell yoru story and the judge will rule. You have to make sure you have PROOF that it was supposed to be refunded. Our small claims here only costs $25 to file, you'll have to serve the other party. Since it's a business they will more than likely pay if ordered
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 6:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Maybe watch a bit of Judge Judy.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 2:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2009