I get really light headed my heart races and I feel really sick

And my doc wont see me untill my first appt on the 16th...
I have called and bitched and said very firmly and nicely as well that I want to see an ob. They keep saying your fine untill your appt. I feel as if something is really wrong I am 8 weeks and I have a 3yr old and I can't take the chance of passing out with him. I have fallen 2 or 3 times because of almost blacking out. I have told them all this and they dont seem to care BTW i have Kaiser.. they suck!
I am about to go to the ER after hours so I will get to see a real dr.. Am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your body is telling you something is wrong definitly go to the doctor
    SusanReeves

Answer by SusanReeves at 6:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• If you smoke then stop. Or it may be you're not getting enough of some nutrient.
    Whatever it is, if you get rid of some toxins, I bet you'll feel better.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I dont smoke I dont drink I take all my vitamins I am eating a little bit and trying to drink water..
    This is why I am so worried
    Anonymous

• Then what the first mom said!
    ER would be the way to go!
    good luck!
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I would go straight to the hospital if your own OB wont see you. Thats really messed up exspecially if you are having these problems! Best of luck to you!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You also might consider firing this doctor and finding another one ASAP. When I first called my current ob's office, they said they couldn't see me for two weeks. When I told them that I had high blood pressure and my current medicine was one that was NOT for pregnant women, they fit me in right away. IMO there is no good excuse for a doctor's office to ignore your concerns--especially with your current symptoms.
    TexaBamaBaby

Answer by TexaBamaBaby at 6:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• If you are experiencing this much dizziness, ER would be advisable. The OB probably won't help you because there isn't much that they can do. Often times they make that first appointment after the 10th week. I don't agree with this practice, but its the way it is. There isn't much that they can do for you with dizziness. IF you feel that the child is in danger from your lightheadedness, you must take precautions for the safety of the child. You can, perhaps, ask for a prenatal vitamin that could help with nausea, but the dizziness is something that you will have to work thru.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 6:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009