Am I the only one who is not excited about Thanksgiving - ever?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2011 in Holidays

• I'm not excited at all. Our moms and his sister live nearby. We have them over often. And it is almost always 'eat and run.' So this year we may do it differently. I'm definitely not going all out for people who appear to not give a crap that we exist unless we are feeding them (MIL actually called to see if DH got something that SIL had asked for and if DH did they'd stop by, no how are the kids, want to have lunch together, etc.) Very sad.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2011

• I'm not either.... It's not the way it was before my parents died... I can't wait for it all to be over with.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2011

• well, thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. i don't really get excited over my birthday lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 5:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2011

• Hmmmm. I think it s always a happy time , with family and a turkey and al the rest. We are very Traditional here.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 5:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2011

• Hate it! Work, work, work, eat nasty turkey, and then work some more. Yuck
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 6:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2011

• Its nice not to have to work for 2 days, but I am not really traditional about it and don't travel to see my family. So to me it is really just another day (But with no work)
    Bubbie0809

Comment by Bubbie0809 (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2011

• Not excited, just a time for me to fail
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2011

• I get excited about it because it is the one holiday that we stay home as a family. Every other holiday seems to be a fight to make sure we see my parents and inlaws in equal amounts. For Thanksgiving we stay home, I cook the whole meal and we tell all our parents they are more than welcome to come over if they want but we are not going anywhere. It is a relaxing day.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 6:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2011

• im sure you are not the only one. i for one am not a huge fan of turkey, my dad and i pick at the skin while my mom's not looking (before she serves it). but i do love the "togetherness" and the feeling of closeness and happiness in the air. i love the smells of all the food, and sitting around the table with everyone i love. that's the basis of it's appeal to me.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2011

• Maybe your unexcited state comes from not making it a special day, I have made it special because the whole family gets together and THAT makes it special for me...

Answer by older at 7:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2011