I'm having a lot of problems with my 2 year old... HELP

My son just turned two he is really bossy to his older brothers and tends to hit alot, he doesn't mind when I ask him to stay out of things and climbs on everything. He is so jealous of anyone who hugs or kisses me or my husband... including if he and I hug ..I'm having a baby in May and I really need him to stop all this craziness.. I want my sweet baby back.. HELP how do I get him to calm down before I bring home the baby.

Renea13

Asked by Renea13 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when you find out let me know! i'm due in a few weeks and he's hell on wheels except he's going to be 3 soon....i can't even hug my husband without my son running over and screamin that's my daddy leave him alone..the only thing i can say is when you get closer to your due date do a baby and me class..my son is going to one on the 17th....at 2 they want to be helpers....so maybe that will help you and him adjust
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I dont know exactly, but happiness is key.
    Maybe he doesn't feel heard or respected enough.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Monitor his diet. Honestly my nephew was the same way. My sister started to watch what he was eating and the way he acted when he ate certain things. (ie, gluten, sugar, wheat,) They found that whenever he ate processed sugar in large amounts he turned into a hell child almost instantly. She keeps him away from all that now and he's a completely different kid!
    jaimielea

Answer by jaimielea at 6:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• First of all, don't ASK him to stay out of things. TELL him. Get down on his level, look him right in the eye and show him who is boss.

There need to be clear cut, consistent rules - you are the adult and not their friend/buddy.

We have a lot of fun at our house and can get pretty crazy but everyone knows when Momma raises her voice that I mean business. And I do mean business.

Our motto is "Parents win". I can outlast, outwit and outplay ANY kid - that's my job as a mother.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 7:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I AM A MOM TO 5 CHILDREN, AGES 6-22 AND I HAVE TO AGREE WITH WIMSEY AND HER ANSWER. CONSISTANCY AND VERY CLEAR RULES. I ALSO WORK AT A DAYCARE WITH TODDLERS AND WE HAVE TO BE CONSISTANT THERE AS WELL. IT TAKES SOME TIME, MAYBE A LITTLE MORE WITH SOME CHILDREN THAN OTHERS, BUT THEY WILL UNDERSTAND THAT NO MEANS NO! SET SOME BOUNDRIES. BE PATIENT, BUT CONSISTANT. GOOD LUCK!

MOMAND5KIDS

Answer by MOMAND5KIDS at 8:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2009