cramps and discharge??

I'm 5 weeks pregnant, and today i felt like i had really bad period cramps, then i noticed my underwear felt wet, so i wondered if i started my period, i went to the bathroom, and my underwear had lots of discharge. is this normal?? sorry if this is a stupid question.. i'm only 18 and this is my first.

Midwest_Mommy

Asked by Midwest_Mommy at 6:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes its normal.. the cramps can get worse (or not) since your uterus is getting bigger very fast. Its stretching. and the stretching is the pain you feel. not really comfortable, but it will get better after a while :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yup, I had a lot...I mean a lot of yellow discharge in the beginning with my first. Perfectly normal.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• They say it's normal.
    If the pain is severe I would get it checked out fairly soon.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yes it is completely normal to have period like cramps and discharge! Its not the most pleasent part about being pregnant! But it will get a little better lol* congrats to you on your pregnancy! Just relax and try not to stress out!! Enjoy your pregnancy!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009