• In the Spotlight:

can you not paint your nails?

someone today at school, told me i shouldnt paint my nails anymore. i never heard of this, so i'm confused.

also, i quit drinking soda, but i sometimes drink a sip here and there, is that bad?

Midwest_Mommy

Asked by Midwest_Mommy at 6:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There would be a lot of manicurists out of jobs if that was the case! I have never heard that. And Like PP said pop is ok in moderation. I have about 1 can a day.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I always painted my finger nails?? I never heard that it was bad the the baby lol*... and they say that you can drink 1 can of pop a day without it affecting the baby!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I painted my toenails right before I was induced, haha. As long as you're in a well-ventilated area, you'll be just fine.

And soda is fine as well. I drank caffeine every day and my baby and I are perfectly healthy.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• There is no reason why you can't paint your nails. I think you should get yourself a few books on pregnancy. There are many that are easy to read. If you are in school, then I assume you are young. You are probably amongst young people that have never been pregnant. Come back to this website anytime you need a little advice. Good luck.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 7:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2009