Feels like the amount of milk is decreasing, any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can pump in between feedings for a few days and that may help (it makes your body think there is more demand and production should increase). If that doesn't work you might call a lactation consultant. Also, your supply may naturally decrease as your baby gets older and starts eating solids or when your baby's needs lessen, like after a growth spurt.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Drink more water and pump between feedings. Thatll increase your flow. I also have heard eating papaya will increase it but I have never tried it.

Answer by gemgem at 6:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• my milk supply did the same thing, the lactation consultant recommended mothers milk tea and fenugreek also she told me I MUST wake up in the middle of the night atleast 2-3 time to breastfeed or pump. She was right.
    CutePreemieK

Answer by CutePreemieK at 6:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Drink plenty of water. This helped me because I wasn't able to pump.
    aerocrombiester

Answer by aerocrombiester at 6:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Might be your supply regulating
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I have been taking a supplement from Whole Foods called Lactation Assist and an Organic Mothers Milk Tea and that seems to be helping. You can eat oatmeal and drinking ice water helps. Good luck
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Make sure you are drinking lots of fluids---it's surprising how much this can influence your supply. I really liked the Mother's Milk tea that Traditional Medicinals makes.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2009