my dogs to jumpy

ok so i have a pit bull and a basethound
i love them both very much but they scare me
when ever i get home or wake up or really do anything my dogs get excited and jump on me
they were good about staying off my tummy till i turned about 28 weeks
im now 33 weeks and my pitbull (she is full grown and weighs about 40 50 pounds) just jumped up on me (im sitting down)
once i got her off i had to throw up
now iv never had morning sickness ever and my baby is moving alot
but when she moves it really hurts should i be worried or could it be normal
should i call my doc???

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if it was me i would go and see the doc to make sure everything is ok with the baby and yourself. if the dogs are used to being in a cage or crate i would suggest trying to have them lay down and relax when you do if not you might have to have a temp home for them or maybe place them. i know that is not something you would want to do and i don't blame you. i had to find a home for my lab cuz she was to hyper and would run into me and knock me down. but i would take to the doctor to find out what is goin on with you and the baby.
    lost_for_words

Answer by lost_for_words at 6:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You need to get the dogs trained to not jump! This is going to become a larger problem if you don't. Besides worrying about this during the pregnancy, how are you going to feel when you have a 7lb child to protect? IF you don't get these dogs trained you will either wind up with them going to a shelter, or worse, worrying about the safety of your child. DO yourself a favor and invest in a dog training class at your local PetCo, or PetSmart. You will have a happier family.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 7:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• they are trained they dont jump on anyone else
    and they never jumped on me till i was about 28 weeks
    when i started to be gone alot more
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2009