Does anyone have the "magic jack" for your phone service?

Just wondering what you think of it, if you like it, and what sorts of problems it gives you. I've had it since last September but I think it sucks because I rarely have a good phone call. I always have static, or echo, and what's this about always having to dial the area code? if someone calls me they also have to dial my area code even if theirs is the same as mine.......any comments?

mky_mouse

Asked by mky_mouse at 6:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dont have it but it sounds gross. Try cable phone instead. Thats what I have and I love it. The only downfall is if the cable goes out so does the phone.

Answer by gemgem at 6:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• we did not get it because it sounded way to good to be true.But hey you can say you tried it and help others moms by saving them money..
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Glad you posted this...I was thinking about getting it.
    Sorry you've had bad luck with it though!!!
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• what's cable phone? the magic jack works only with internet. and the computer has to be on at all times in order to make or receive phone calls. otherwise, the calls go to voicemail. I don't have a monthly phone bill, I paid about $35 for it and I won't get billed until a year afterwards, it'll be $20 a year for this magic jack, so it does save money.
    mky_mouse

Answer by mky_mouse at 7:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My DH has been pressuring me to get one! I'll make sure he reads this question!!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 8, 2009