Hyperemesis gravidarum

Has anyone ever had this (if you dont know what it is, its morning sickness to the max caused by fast rising HCG levels). A dear friend of mine has this and can not find relief anywhere. The doctor wants to put her in the hospital but she is not going (she is very stubborn). Did you find any drinks or food that helped ease it down. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 6:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Graham crackers and chedder cheese! I know sounds yuck but it is the only thing that helped ne and was told to ,me by a friend who had bad morning sickness. I hope it helps your friend.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Many people find peace in different sources of food and drink. There is a safe syrup that can be found in the pharmacy called Emetrol. This is allowed for pregnant women. Also, the doctor can prescribe prenatal vitamins that help curb the symptoms. The best thing for her to do is to eat what interests her in small quantaties.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 7:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009