How do i get my 8 month old baby to sleep through the night?

Natasha713

Asked by Natasha713 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i wish i knew the answer!!!!! i could use some help with that too!
    bigtimeqt1586

Answer by bigtimeqt1586 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• my daughter sleeps through the night. she started when she was 1 month old. the most important thing i can tell you is routine put her to bed at the same time every night, (put lotion on her/him, play soft music, give her/him a warm bath, ect...)what ever you do try to do the same thing at the same time EVERY NIGHT. also i give her a little ceareal in her bottle about an hour before bed. good luck!!
    jazysmom08

Answer by jazysmom08 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Some kids just don't sleep through the night. There is nothing you can do that will guarantee sleep. My son is 19 months old and still does not sleep through the night (which btw is defined as more than 5-6 hours of sleep)
    I tried everything, nothing worked. He is starting to sleep better now, on his own time. I don't mind waking up if he needs some water or a diaper change.
    Randi02

Answer by Randi02 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I think some kids just have to find their own way. But with my daughter, we put her on an ALL DAY routine when she was 4 months old. Eat, play, sleep. There doesn't have to be a certain time you do the same thing every day, as long as the routine stays the same. At four months she was only sleeping two hours at a time at night (if we were lucky). The first night after we started the routine she only woke up twice. A week later she was down to one time a night. A month later she was sleeping all night. Once she knew what to expect she fell right into the routine and was a lot happier during the day also. Be patient, and give it time.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Fill him or her up with some applesauce and a bottle...thats how my daughter did it
    LilMamaCrooks

Answer by LilMamaCrooks at 8:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2008