my son...

he's driving me crazy! he wont sleep!! its like he goes to sleep at 8 and wakes up at 3 i talked to the doc about it and told me to put him to bed earlier so i started to put him to bed at like 6:30 and now he's waking up at 2am...... so whats his deal??

what can i do for him to sleep longer.. or just sleep! lol..

i need some rest here!!

he's two yrs old btw!

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my son had this problem I would give it five minutes to see if he would "cry it out" and those five minutes were horrible for me but sometimes he would calm down and fall back asleep on his own... Other times I would have to go in and lay him back down and I would give him his empty bottle and blanket kiss him turn on his music and walk away... Trying to show him that yes mommy is still here but that he needed to go back to sleep.
    Gypsy-Eyed-Mom

Answer by Gypsy-Eyed-Mom at 7:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• A couple suggestions:
    1. Lay him down, pat/rub his back until he goes to sleep. If he tries to get up, lay him back down saying, "No, it's night night time" (or whatever phrase to get your point across). This can sometimes take 20 minutes or so, but it's worth it to get them to actually sleep!
    2. When all else fails, we bring out the milk. I get my son out of the crib, sit him on my lap and feed him milk out of his sippy cup. Then, lay him down and pat pat pat until the eyes are shut!

GOOD LUCK!! Let us know what works for you!
    ufgatorjul

Answer by ufgatorjul at 8:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• hey thanks.. he doesnt drink milk he doesnt like it.. i dont know!! nothing is working with him..
    he seems towake up earlier and earlier every night!!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my 15m goes to bed at 9/9:15pm that is his magic time any earlier or later and he won't sleep throught the night. I have no idea why but it works for us.
    Anonymous