how do i get my daughter to stop crying when her dad touches me?

mama8592

Asked by mama8592 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• haha. I'm sorry I just think its funny because my daughter did that too at one point. I assumed jealousy. It was annoying but she just grew out of it over time.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 7:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• One of my two year old twin boys does this too from time to time. DH and I usually go over to him and give him hugs and kisses too and he's fine. Other times just I have to pick him up and hug him. I think it's a pretty typical reaction and your daughter will outgrow it.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• :-) yeah, it's just a bit of jealousy, my oldest did it too. He'd more freak out if we were playing around and he was tickling me or something. Just tell her it's OKAY, and don't let it make you stop or try not to be close around here. Give her some extra loving, or like the above lady said, grab her up and give some family hugs and kisses, eventually she's get over it. I think it's just a stage.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2009