Light His Fire

How many of you have ordered the relationship guide to being a better woman from Dr. Ellen "Light his fire"? My relationship sure needs work once in awhile but I have doubts about the program and it is quite expensive. Do you recommend the program? And could you highlight anything useful from the program if you don't mind sharing?

denswife

Asked by denswife at 7:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• There are enough good books from the library you can read to get the same information. I personally wouldn't pay big bucks for some program. I like playtime myself. Treat him like you did when you met and were dating. make it fun again. Talk to him about things that interest you both, other than household things like budget and leaks. Keep it fresh. Share his interests. Welcome him home. You have no idea how many wives don't do that and wonder why men don't want to come home. Keep complaints to a minimum unless it's an emergency. You can always make an appt to discuss problems, finances, etc Remind him why he fell in love with you in the first place and show him that you love him just as much now (or more) than you did when you married him.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• If its that costly I'd pass on it..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• try "the five languages of love"
    its for both you you, not just the girl and it's not expensive (you can get it online for under 15)
    its about the whole relationship, not just sex
    ut saved my marriage and i would (and have) reccomend it to anyone
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 8:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Skip the relationship costly bullshit, and go get a freakem dress, (beyonce song, watch the video!) r some sexy hot outfit for the bedroom. It is a miracle how sexy your man will find you when YOU feel sexy! Take control at times and go out dancing! Have car sex, have sex outside the bedroom. Make a special dinner for him, blind fold him and feed him.
    Really keep him guessing about you, make him feel wanted, make him feel like a man. Smile kiss him for no reason, when he goes to the store or errand for you, write him a love note on the bottom of the list, do all that and you will never need a relationship guide/book/program. He will treat you like a queen, if you treat him like a king. .
    MikkiB

Answer by MikkiB at 8:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Oh and always speak to a man, like how you would like him to speak to you. And even if you are right, say you are sorry. Love doesn't need a right or wrong person. Eventually he will say sorry too, and not have to prove right or wrong,either.
    MikkiB

• If the cost is something that you need advice on whether or not you should buy it, I'd say skip it. Remember the "Mars vs. Venus" books from a few years back? They were wonderful in educating each sex about why the other person thinks or feels the way they do. And they were affordable. If you need advice, I'd say to pick some really good friends or mentors and utilize them and save your money.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My brother and his wife told me that the new-ish movie that Kirk Cameron produced called "Fireproof" is WONDERFUL and they've been together for 20 years now.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009