For those with small children

will you continue to be sahm even after your kids are in school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have been a SAHM off and on for 19 years. My youngest is almost 4. I am planning to go back to work when she goes to kindergarten but only during school hours. I think its important to be home for your kids.

Answer by gemgem at 7:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• That question presumes that everyone with small children is a SAHM.....
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i hope i can. i love being here when they get home from skool and i would hate to miss that with my little one.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• you know what I mean halfpint sheesh, IF you are already a sahm will you continue to be afterwards lol

Anonymous

• haha. I wasn't lucky enough to be able to be a sahm : ( but I would continue if I was up until they were like in first grade cause kindergarten is sitll young.
    bizymom413

Answer by bizymom413 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• If I had the luxury to be a SAHM, no, I'd still be out working. I need to have a career outside of family....even when the children are small.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I'll continue to stay at home. (that's as of this writing...get with me in a few years and we'll see LOL)

Being a mom isn't my only job. I also have the job of running the household, cleaning, cooking, shopping and generally keeping the household running. Those things will still need done when my boys are in school...and I'll also have homework to check, afterschool activities, etc.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yes, because I plan on having more kiddos!!
    ShootingStar82

Answer by ShootingStar82 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• No but I will work short hours so I can be home at the end of the school day.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Probably. I've been a SAHM since before my oldest was born. I quit working when I was like 3 1/2-4 months along and haven't worked outside the house since. My youngest starts kindergarten in 2 years (fall of 2011) so I've already started to consider what I will do with my time. I'll probably take some college classes.
    I have no interest in working, though. My last job was at Wal-mart and there is no way I'm going back to that crap and earning min. wage.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:10 AM on Jan. 8, 2009