I am having a lot of pain with my sciatic nerve I am just starting my third trimester. What can I do?

sciatic nerve pain.

byra

Asked by byra at 5:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Try the lumbar support cushions you can get for about $25 at a medical supply store. These are made with very dense foam. I have to use them when sitting or driving due to degenerative disc disease and they do help. Avoid the Wally mart type cushions.
    uriahheep

Answer by uriahheep at 5:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• getting off your feet try putting a pillow between your legs. thats what i had to do.
    jazysmom08

Answer by jazysmom08 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Lay on your back in the butterfly position and press your knees back toward the floor. This stretch will help. Ice is awesome, and a birthing ball is good to sit on. Takes all of the pressure off your back.
    thethrashersmom

Answer by thethrashersmom at 6:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• YOU POOR THING! I feel your pain, I had that problem with my pregnancies. You can sit on a chair (a kitchen chair, or something with good support) and say if you are hurting on the left side, you would want to cross your left leg over your right leg with your left knee sticking out to the left side. Then you would want to gently push on your knee and leg, and this stretches out the muscles that are pinching the nerves. Do this as needed.... Trust me it helps. Also, alternate heat and cold packs every 10 minutes (sit on them), and that may help also. I did see a chiropractor that helped keep my hips in alignment and my joints moving well. He had a really awesome table that I could lay on with the middle (where my belly was) that dropped down so to not push on my stomach. I hope this has helped. If you dont understand the directions for the stretch, feel free to message me and I will help you figure it out!!!!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 6:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Sciatica Symptoms
    www.AOLhealth.com      Learn About Sciatica Symptoms Treatment & Prevention -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Lie on your back on the floor and slowly bring your knee to your chest. Then do the other leg. Do this several times to relieve the nerve being pinched. You also want to lie flat, arms over your head, and gently stretch as if your toes and fingers are reaching in opposite directions.
    JuneL

Answer by JuneL at 7:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• See a chiropractor. It was the only thing that helped me.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 2:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2008